Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Final Project: Artifact Logo



For our project I designed a new logo for Coastscape. Coastscape is a landscaping company in Australia. They work primarily with the wealthiest individuals in the country. After we discussed our audience I wrote some personas of the types of clients we would want.

Jane is a 46 year old lawyer. She is married to a 50 year old financial dealer. Due to the stressful nature of both of their jobs they are looking to put up a fence around their property for noise reduction. They are also looking to design an oasis in their yard with a water feature to make it a nice place for them to relax.

Kyle is a 38 year old surgeon who just moved into a new house and is looking to personalize the landscaping around his property because of limited time he needs to work with a company that will be able to take care of every aspect of the new landscaping.

Brad is a 55 year old psychiatrist. He is married with 2 children. Their family just inherited money from a loved one and want to use it to create a place in their backyard for entertaining guest. They are interested in getting a total remodel and creating a space with all of the amenities they can possibly have including a patio, lightening, and rock walls.
Once we had our target audience identified we created a design plan that we thought would be best to appeal to the audience. We liked the idea of keeping everything simple and classy. So we were striving for a very clean design with a natural color palette for a base with gold accents.
Lacey created this style guide, based on our group conversation, for conceptual base for our individual artifacts.


My artifact was the companies logo and I decided I wanted to keep the design very simple and clean. I used the fonts we decided on for our project and the color scheme. I decide to use a black background because I thought it provided more contrast for the gold words. I used a gold leaf background to give the text and tree more dimension and depth. I also think this helps make the logo more interesting and give it that classy element I wanted. I think the design follows a few gestalt principle mainly the law of pragnanz because everything on the logo is in its simplest form. This helps for everything to come together in the design. The axioms of webdesign wasn't as applicable to my personal artifact because the logo will need to be displayed on multiple different medias. Overall I am extremely happy with how this design turned out.

Website url: misspey10.wiks.com/coastscape

No comments:

Post a Comment